Location : Detroit, MI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Strategist: Strategy and Reporting
Accomplishes Tableau BW project objectives by establishing project scope; designing and delivering solutions.
• Query data
• Utilize Tableau to visualize data
• Analyze data
• Work with IT to develop business cases
• Manage defined projects
• Ability to query data
• SAP Knowledge
• Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build relationships
• Project Management
• Leadership skills
• Big picture thinker
• Produces attractive visuals/dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices to convey the story inside the data.
• Performs data mapping and extraction, transforms data to support automated weekly reporting into dashboards and scorecards.
• Provides project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Directs and coordinates project team activities at various phases of the project life cycle to meet project objective for one or more small- to medium-sized projects.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Coordinates overall communication and status reporting to internal customers and stakeholders. Formulates and delivers formal and informal presentations.
Required Qualifications :
• Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-related discipline & 4-plus years’ experience in an IT organization, including 1-plus year(s) of experience as an IT project manager focusing on Tableau Dashboard design and/or software development / implementation projects.
• Proficient verbal (and non-verbal), written and presentation skills; communicates clearly, with credibility and confidence.
• Well-developed active listening & negotiating skills.
• Ability to develop / coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects, yielding optimal outcomes.
• Sound organizational, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recommend and participate in solution implementations in area(s) of responsibility.
• Proficiency in project management software/tools (e.g. MS Project, Primavera, etc.)
• Experienced in requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects.
• Experience with Tableau for data extraction from SAP R/3 data, SAP BW data, Maximo data, legacy data, and data external to the organization (benchmarking data, etc.)
• Ability to identify data quality gaps, develop a plan to close data quality gaps, develop required extraction programs, and schedule extracts for weekly and monthly reports.
• Ability to perform Tableau calculations and apply complex, compound calculations to large, complex data sets.
• Experience trouble shooting performance issues associated with Tableau reports.
• Experience building queries and workbooks and preparing end user training documents.