Location : Ferndale, MI
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Fully develop new design concepts from idea to implementation on vehicle.
• Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks in the design, development,
analysis and release of products and subsystems.
• Verify design using analysis and or functional testing, interpret results, drive decisions, and assess risk.
• Responsible for accuracy of detail drawings directly or as collaboration with designers.
• Identify and assess possible suppliers for production of products.
• Support vehicle prototype builds as needed.
Education, Skills and Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required
• 5+ years relevant direct automotive work experience required
• Working experience with EV technology a plus
• Work closely with other EV systems team and understand fundamentals of EV thermal, battery, powertrain and charging requirements
• Substantial background in designing complex parts required
• Working knowledge of Solidworks and Solidworks Simulation tools
• GD&T, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and experience with engineering standards required
Required Qualifications :