Mechanical Engineer Manager
Location : Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The Mechanical Engineering Manager position oversees the design and process of automated assembly and test equipment; ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together. Leads, directs and checks the work of assigned manufacturing engineers and project engineers.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze and design automated manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Oversee implementing best practices for robotic automated assembly equipment.
- Support all current and new equipment introductions.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the engineering process.
- Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
Required Qualifications :
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a design and drafting environment developing mechanical Equipment is required.
- Must have a strong understanding of mechanical , electrical , pneumatics and hydraulic principles and demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting models, assembly and piece part drawings.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Capable of performing tasks and duties with limited supervision
- Excellent computer skills