Electronics Repair Technicians
Location : Madison Heights, MI
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are hiring Entry-Level (Trainee) Electronics Repair Technicians as well as Mid-Level (Experienced) Electronics Repair Technicians. The individuals will provide repair service solutions and technical support to customers. The Electronic Repair Technician’s responsibilities include in-house bench repair as well as customer-site troubleshooting and repair of customer equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of an Electronics Repair Technician:
- Troubleshoot, repair, and refurbish industrial electronic equipment (VFD, PLC, Servo, Instrumentation, Power Supplies, HMIs)
- Troubleshoot and test electronic components to board level, using various methods and testing equipment
- Repair and/or replace electronic components to board level, including but not limited to: diodes, transistors, resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, other printed circuit components, etc.
- Evaluate electrical and electro-mechanical equipment and determine correct repair procedures
- The Electronics Repair Technician will perform field service visits as required to resolve technical issues experienced by customers in a timely manner
The qualified Electronics Repair Technician will have the following skills and experience:
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent technical experience
- Familiarity with and ability to utilize different types of test equipment such as function generators, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, and power supplies.
- Be fluent in computer software platforms for communication/configuration of VFDs and PLCs
- 1-3 years direct experience in electronic device repair or manufacturing (Entry Level candidates will learn)
- Familiarity with industrial manufacturing processes, motor feedback devices
- The repair technician should be familiar with electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Experience using precision tools and technology including surface mount rework station
- An Electronics Repair Technician with experience in machine troubleshooting and repair is preferred.
Required Qualifications :