Location : Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Automotive
Job Description :
Designs and develops programs. Sets up, checks and programs Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to perform highly detailed measurements. May calibrate probe systems, define datum(s) on the workpiece and/ or perform measurement. Coordinates inspection of prints layout and designs. May serve as liaison between customer and designers. Has working knowledge of required quality standards. Works independently without supervision
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans sequence of testing and calibration program for instruments and equipment according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance of test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
- Confers with engineers, supervisor, and other technical workers to assist with equipment installation, maintenance, and repair techniques.
- Analyzes and converts test data, using mathematical formulas, and reports results and proposed modifications.
- Sets up test equipment and conducts tests on performance and reliability of mechanical, structural, or electromechanical equipment.
- Selects sensing, telemetering, and recording instrumentation and circuitry.
- Disassembles and reassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects instruments and equipment for defects.
- Sketches plans for developing jigs, fixtures, instruments, and related nonstandard apparatus.
- Modifies performance and operation of component parts and circuitry to specifications, using test equipment and precision instruments.
- Inspects materials, products, and work in progress for conformance to specifications, and adjusts process or assembly equipment to meet standards.
- Reads dials and meters to verify functioning of equipment according to specifications.
- Tests and measures finished products, components, or assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, or assembly to verify adherence to functional specifications.
- Marks items for acceptance or rejection, records test results and inspection data, and compares findings with specifications to ensure conformance to standards.
- Completes necessary procedures to satisfy licensing requirements.
- Computes and/or calculates data and other information.
- Confers with vendors and others regarding inspection results and recommends corrective procedures.
- Disassembles defective parts and components.
- Estimates operational data to meet acceptable standards.
- Operates or tends machinery and equipment, and uses hand tools.
- Discards or rejects products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications.
- Analyzes and interprets blueprints, sample data, and other materials to determine, change, or measure specifications or inspection and testing procedures.
- Fabricates, installs, positions, or connects components, parts, finished products, or instruments for testing or operational purposes.
- Cleans and maintains test equipment and instruments
Required Qualifications :